After Your Bowen
After your Bowen you may feel very relaxed and tired, you will probably sleep well. Some people feel light and energised. You may experience a “Healing Crisis” which is your body making adjustments, give your body permission to change/heal itself. Water and walking will assist and give some relief.
It is important that you follow the following steps on the day of your treatment:
- Drink 6-8 glasses of filtered water. (Water will flush out toxins which are released during and after the treatment).
- Gentle Walk every 30 minutes (this assists with the resetting of your body, helps with lymphatic flow which is releasing the toxins held in your body.)
- Don’t cross arms or legs
- No sport on the day of your Bowen
- No magnets for 2-3 days, this includes your mattress.
- Wait, your body will keep working from the Bowen for 4-5 days.
- If you have been given exercises to do, start them the day after your Bowen.
During the week:
Remember- You need to allow integration of the Bowen into your body, so no chiropractic, physio, acupuncture, massage, hot or cold packs, hot tubs, extremes of hot/cold showers.
Homeopathic medicines, flower essences, tissue salts and prescribed medicines are okay to continue.